 Castle / 12867
Re: Legend voting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:55:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Peter Guenther writes:
Prolly not, actually. Your theme is going to divide votes among two
candidates while the townies, pirates and spacers all have one clear
candidate to vote for.

I wouldn't count on this, Larry.

1. The price point of the 6074 makes it extremely appealing, even to
non-castleheads.  Lots of people can use grey brick--especially Space, and a
number of spacies don't think the Battrax is the best choice.  Even a lot of
townies, perhaps, who want grey bricks and arches for details more than they
want Main Street.

2. As David or Jason said, I could easily build Main Street (with some color
changes) from my collection.  Never underestimate the power of the yellow
Tudor wall.

3. There are a lot of people out there who came to Lego or came out of their
Dark Ages too late for Castle, and even if they're not primarly castle
builders they want some Black Falcons.

4. Castle heads don't seem so divided on this.  I think there's a lot more
support for 6074 than the yellow castle.

On the other hand, if it is Main Street, I won't be crying, but I'll buy a
lot fewer.  BSB is just too pricey; I don't know if I'd even buy 1.
Probably 1; but I'd buy 5 Black Falcon Fortresses--and that's just my first
order.

Good analysis. You're prolly right. 375 would have too many compromised in
it and doesn't have the curb appeal. We'll see.

But as I said on our list, I almost don't care which one wins. I'll be
getting multiple copies of the winner in any case. Choosing one of these is
a nice problem to have.