 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2913
Re: I WANT FOLIAGE!!! (was Re: How Many Cypress Trees Would You Order?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 04:48:35 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Maggie Cambron writes:
I see you jumped from $79 to $99.99 in a single increment. I would say that >was taking a colossal risk, especially just to prove someone a fool!

I think I was getting lazy there.  I had decided that the person had bid
something over $100 USD.  And when I bid by proxy, I bid a little over what
I would wish to pay -- so a decent proxy bid would be something like $100.99
or even more.  It was just an intuition, I could indeed have been wrong.  I
think I was NOT high bidder at $99.99 (note the time stamp of bids -- the
other bidder out bid me at an earlier time by proxy bid) and it was well in
advance of the last minute yet (still 90 minutes to go) and I knew that that
there would be last minute bidders anyway.  But at that point I had quit the
game. I had made "atroposeur" pay enough already. Hehehe...

One last point, I was running up the price on the "bigger fool" -- I think
we AFOL are all of us fools to some extent or other when it comes to Lego!
This was just me being mean because sometimes I am mean.  I was annoyed at
not getting my cypress trees for around $4 each...that's not a good price in
any case, even if I had won at that price!

Me too!  Because I really believe they WILL be offering cypress trees and/or
other decent bulk foliage in the next year or so, oh ye of little faith!

Actually, I am really hoping this too.  I can't see why cypress trees
wouldn't be part of their future foliage offerings -- they certainly were
offered in the past.  And I too feel that TLC has given us some reasons to
hope for more and better from them in the future.  I can be patient in this
instance. I will certainly try to be patient...

-- Hop-Frog (STILL mean and green)