 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2494
Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 13:36:41 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Main wrote:

However, maybe the secrecy and paranoia that LEGO engages in is a result
of the dubious origins of the design for their "original" brick.  If the
rumors about the English toy company are true.

No, it's just typical behaviour for a large company.  It has little or nothing
to do with their specific product.

Heck, these days, it's not just big companies.  Everybody wants an NDA.  I've
heard stories that in some areas, it's not uncommon for people to 'NDA' their
friends before showing them some project or other.  I assume the projects
normally have potential for future earnings...

Steve