 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1493
Re: Online LEGO users design their own sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:05:30 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gary Istok writes:
[snip]
So unless you have a decent quantity of classic doors/windows, you will not >be able to build them.  (I am assuming that TLC will not reintroduce classic >windows as part of bulk orders).  And then there are the (long out of >production) specialty parts of the '50s-'70s era such as the old flat trees, >old road signs, Esso Sign/Pumps, 4x8 right and left curved white plates >without the missing notch of plastic on the curve), LEGO street lights.

I'm still glad, because I still own some of these parts, though severly worn
out. After 15 years of intensive use those old bricks had lost all their
"clinging"-power, fortunately current bricks are of better quality.
Also I remember, since there still was no brick seperator in those days, we
kids often resorted to a dental separation procedure. I'm sure this acounts
for the rarety of mint sets from this period. I've never stopped paying with
Lego, I've skipped the famous "Dark Ages" completely.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.