 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1458
Re: new Technic product shown!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 02:50:17 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Maybe they can look back at some of their own great history,
including original sets like 8425&8836(planes) or 8839(tugboat).

8425 and 8836?  Nah - the best Technic plane is <set:8855> IMO

I'll bet you a Technic piece of your choice that you won't be able
to order the parts for THAT one.  That prop attached to a gear piece
has to be one of the most rare pieces going.  (Name me something rarer.)

You are completely right about the Prop Plane <set:8855>. Not only is it the
the best Technic plane but it may be the best Technic set period. It is only
1 of 2 sets in my opinion that are perfect in both form and function.

The prop assembly was only available in that set, however it was also
available as a European Service Pack from the same time.

--Jim