 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1364
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 01:29:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jonathan Mizner writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jonathan Mizner writes:
In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
There's a new TLC press release at:

This is incredible.
To add my 2 cents worth, I personally feel that it's OK to copy, in part
or whole, a set.  HOWEVER!  If that set is sold to people (public
distribution of someone elses model) it DOES become illegal, or at least
just-plain-wrong.  I believe it is perfectly fine to display other people's
models on a site with your own (like the Blacktron Empire), AS LONG AS THE
ORIGINAL DESIGNER AND THE INSPIRATION FOR THE MODEL ARE LISTED ALSO.  I
would be over-joyed if everyone started building my models on their own.  I
would get mad if one of those people started turning a profit from it.
Please add your comments to the issue in one of the following replies.  One reply will be for people
opposed to the free trade of designs, another for.  It is just too confusing
to keep doing replies on replies, so please, ONLY respond to one of the two
replies to this message, and not to this itself.  I look forward to hearing
the different sides of the issue.

  This reply/thread is for the posting of messages from people who believe
that everyone's creations are theirs only, and must be paid for.  Please
post your replies HERE.