 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1269
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 03:54:50 GMT

  This is the part that gets me excited!
"In 2002 LEGO builders will be able to build any three dimensional creation
using free software to create building instructions for their model - and
then order the appropriate number and type of bricks."

Torben Ballegaard Sørensen, Executive Vice President, The LEGO Company

  Things are certainly going to change, now we just have to wait and see
exactly how.  No more will buying a set for pieces be necessary.  Lego's
going to have some more competition, us.  This will probably be a large
source of income for TLC.
  Hundreds of people sending in 'prescription' Lego plans, not
over-the-counter Lego, wonderful!
  Free, 3D Lego building software is mentioned...LDraw's prosperity?
Nathan Falslev
nfalslev@netscape.net
AIM: ExplorienCommand
_____________________
Explorien Command
www.go.to/explorien

In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
There's a new TLC press release at:

  http://www.lego.com/info/press.asp

here's the good stuff:

  http://www.lego.com/press/

-Suz

Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
"In 2002 LEGO builders will be able to build any three dimensional • creation
using free software to create building instructions for their model - and
then order the appropriate number and type of bricks."

How about the part where it states that all instructions to sets from 1955
onward will be available online?

Second paragraph on this page:  http://www.lego.com/press/legocompany.asp

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts