 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1108
Re: So did you wonder about me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 23:21:02 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
and then depending on the number of required pieces for the design:

- Some number of 90 count bag(s) of 1x1 Plates - White
- Some number of 90 count bag(s) of 1x1 Plates - Black
- Some number of 90 count bag(s) of 1x1 Plates - Grey
- Some number of 90 count bag(s) of 1x1 Plates - Dark Grey
- Some number of 90 count bag(s) of 1x1 Plates - Light Grey

I figured that this was the way it would be done (my guesses were 50 or 100
count bags).

Clearly we need a design that uses 92 (or 182) of each thing so that they
have to supply 88 extra of each color but one. (91 wouldn't work, they
always give one extra.)

Actually, I bet the bags do have exactly 90 1x1 plates. I don't think I've ever
got extra 1x1 plates so I think they are heavy enough compared to the tolerance
of the scales to not need the extra to assure the proper actual count when
verified by weight. I will be curious as to how the system will handle the
extras.

As to changing to tiles, let me order a few first, please, I need those 1x1
plates.

I think in general, when we think about it, we'll find given a choice between
plates and tiles, we'd want plates. It's too bad the system doesn't make some
attempt to conserve by using larger plates though. I can't imagine ordering
more than one or two "balanced" pictures.

I hope the 3rd grey (whether it's the Scala grey or another) appears in other
parts. It will be of somewhat limited use if only available as 1x1 plates (and
6x6 tiles)...

Frank