 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *6289 (-5)
Re: New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:52:02 GMT

"Karl Paulsen" <karlepaulsen> wrote in message news:K7G6y3.FMK@lugnet.com...
Hi folks,
   I just thought you all might like to know that it appears that the
Factory
palete has been updated to include elements in "Custom Car Garage" and the
PAB
selection has been updated accordingly.  Perhaps most notably the minifig
parts
inlcuding new heads, naboo and agents henchmen torsos, and brown and tan
legs,
are now present.

http://us.factory.lego.com/PAB/default.aspx

Can a LEGO Ambassador forward this palette error onto the LDD design and
LEGO Factory website teams at TLG.

Why does the part described as 'MOTOR 2X2X1 1/3' appear as an orderable LEGO
Factory element in LDD, but does not appear in the LEGO Factory Palette in
LDD?

I think this (and other parts too) are erroneously specified in the LEGO
Factory Palette.

I think someone at TLG needs to cross-reference both palettes and make sure
that the proper element sets are showing up on both palettes.

Can we also please have a 'help' category on the website to report LEGO
Digital Designer and LEGO Factory errors like these.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Re: New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2008 04:36:01 GMT

"Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsReallygmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.announce, Karl Paulsen wrote:
Hi folks,
    I just thought you all might like to know that it appears that the
Factory
palete has been updated to include elements in "Custom Car Garage" and
the PAB
selection has been updated accordingly.  Perhaps most notably the minifig
parts
inlcuding new heads, naboo and agents henchmen torsos, and brown and tan
legs,
are now present.

http://us.factory.lego.com/PAB/default.aspx

And I'm glad to see that we finally get the "Brick 2X4X2 W. Screen" - the
part
used as a wheel-well on all sorts of LEGO vehicles that also makes a great
piece
for window decorations.  That will be a nice asset to have.

They must be a bit slow to change the brick palette, or there is some error.
I tried to find this brick in the LEGO Factory palette, but it does not show
up in LEGO Digital Designer Factory palette, only in the Factory website.
It does show up as a brick you cannot order, if you turn the palette filters
off, but this still makes it hard for people to order it in a LDD model.

And the only color I see it available in is the dark bluish grey from
Factory, it'd be nice of them to make it available in other colors as well.

I think it would be great if TLG could at least make the Factory orderable
bricks match up properly with the LDD palette which shows them.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Re: New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:13:45 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Karl Paulsen wrote:
Hi folks,
    I just thought you all might like to know that it appears that the Factory
palete has been updated to include elements in "Custom Car Garage" and the PAB
selection has been updated accordingly.  Perhaps most notably the minifig parts
inlcuding new heads, naboo and agents henchmen torsos, and brown and tan legs,
are now present.

http://us.factory.lego.com/PAB/default.aspx

And I'm glad to see that we finally get the "Brick 2X4X2 W. Screen" - the part
used as a wheel-well on all sorts of LEGO vehicles that also makes a great piece
for window decorations.  That will be a nice asset to have.

-Jordan Schwarz

Subject:
New parts available on PAB online and Factory Palete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:58:51 GMT

Hi folks,
    I just thought you all might like to know that it appears that the Factory
palete has been updated to include elements in "Custom Car Garage" and the PAB
selection has been updated accordingly.  Perhaps most notably the minifig parts
inlcuding new heads, naboo and agents henchmen torsos, and brown and tan legs,
are now present.

http://us.factory.lego.com/PAB/default.aspx

Subject:
Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 02:55:58 GMT

Hi!

Here are three questions: one about LEGO trademarks and two for the LDraw
community. The questions stem from a casual interest in selling custom LEGO kits
with instructions. Because there are existing vendors of excellent such kits -
and books containing similar instructions - I assume that LEGO and the LDraw
community are not hostile to such enterprise. However, as I consider entering
this lucrative market myself, I would like more direct assurance that it is
indeed acceptable.

Firstly, to what extent - if any - may the name, number, or image of LEGO
products be referenced in the sale of custom models? These properties would be
used solely to identify which LEGO sets should be purchased to obtain the
prerequisite pieces for custom kits.

Secondly, does LDraw policy (as expressed by the Contributor Agreement, other
documentation, or tradition) grant third parties the right to capitalize on the
considerable volunteer time, effort, and ingenuity represented by the part
library and the LDraw system?

Lastly, but perhaps most importantly, how do the individual authors of LDraw
parts and programs feel about such enterprise? The good will of the people who
propel this hobby is of principal importance to me. Would you be pleased to see
your work used - and promoted - as part of another small commercial endeavor, or
would you consider it a misuse of your contribution to the community?

Again, because of the considerable precedent - including but not limited to
books by LDraw software authors - I infer that it is not objectionable to market
materials containing LEGO and LDraw imagery.

If nothing else, I hope these questions prompt thought and discussion about the
variety of uses for the LDraw system and the LEGO brick.

Be well, and thank you for your input.

Jim

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact