 LEGO Company / Official LEGO Announcements / 74
73  |  75
Subject:
Spring Cleaning Goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:43:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Some of you (ok, all of you) may be familiar with the 4679 set, the bulk tub with the random 500 elements. Or its DUPLO brother, 4296.

On the BIP Blog, I’ve written up some description about where those “Spring Cleaning elements came from if you’re interested in a bit of the background.

I just talked to one of my colleagues who has shared some good news with me... there’s more Spring Cleaning elements in stores now.

US: Kroger - 4400 and 5230 (not sure the details)
US: Walgreen’s - 4562 (200 standard elements and 200 Spring Cleaning elements)

Canada: Wal-Mart - 4425, a huge Quatro tub with 2000 bricks, versus 1000 in a standard bulk tub. Standard bulk tub pricing.

I’m checking with my European colleagues to see if there are plans to do something similar over there. As soon as I have more info, I’ll post it.

Oh, and there’s one more goodie coming in a couple weeks... check the BIP Blog for updates.

Hope this makes for a nice Friday afternoon boost!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison