 LEGO Company / 927
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:02:45 GMT

In lugnet.build, Dan Boger wrote:
That is
one of the main things we hope LEGOFan can improve on.  By making the code that
runs the site accessible for anyone to download, modify, and submit updates, we
allow a much wider pool of developers to work on the site.

This means, that if someone has a great idea for a new way to, say, track
community events, they can just write a module, upload it, and everyone
benefits.  Currently, they would have to just go set it up at yet another site,
and they would not have any way to integrate with the vast amount of data and
code that's already there.

I think that's one point that's being missed here.

Dan

Icky. What about when amatures come in and write code that is... laughable... at
best. Then you have a website made of mangled, chaotic code that definetly does
not help the community at all. Poor commenting, bad structure, inefficent
programming is what the downfall of this site, LEGOfan.net, may be.