 LEGO Company / 3762
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 19:50:26 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
<snip>

Chris's Bluetooth suggestion is a good one.  It got me to thinking about another
possible problem with wireless control.  At larger Train Shows, if the wireless
waves travel too far they could effect the wireless trains on surrounding
exhibits.
<snip>

Has anyone adapted two NXT units to drive a train yet?  One NXT as a controller
talks bluetooth to the other NXT that drives the train.  The NXT that drives the
train could be either attached to the track or onboard the train.

I've been itching to try it but I only have one NXT and I'm not that familiar
with the programming interface.  Of course the NXT is a bit big, but it might
just fit in boxcar or some sort and then run a wire up to the engine.

Cheers,

Ben Fleskes
Big Ben Bricks LLC