 LEGO Company / 3728
    Re: The Future of Trains —Todd Thuma
   (...) Mike, Excellent idea! I have read similar stories in tech magazines about how we might never need to plug a cell phone in to power again. Laying it on the surface of counter top with the power sending device mounted inside or underneath could (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego)

        Re: The Future of Trains —Mike Petrucelli
   (...) Well the versions I have seen most recently are directly powering lamps and light fixtures and such. I don't know if that would be enough for a train motor. I doubt LEGO has that in the works too, but it would be nice. Reliance on batteries is (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, FTX)