 LEGO Company / 3722
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 14:13:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ben Fleskes wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Steve Witt wrote:
<SNIPPY>

A good many of us will be left speculating on what it will be while a select
number of AFOL train heads will contribute to LEGO on what the new system will
be.  I don't know who they are, but I do expect they will be under a non
disclosure agreement and won't even be able to contribute to this dialog.
However, I do know the depth of talent and passion that exist with AFOL train
heads and whomever contributes will do their best to make the new system the
best that it can be.

I'm looking forward to the opportunities ahead.

Kind regards,

Ben Fleskes
Big Ben Bricks LLC

Ben,

I couldn't agree more.  We have to look at this not as the end of an era, but as
a new beginning and a chance to embrace new technology.  I am thoroughly excited
about the possibilities that lie ahead for LEGO Trains.  As you stated, this is
a decision that needed to be made and I'm glad we finally have an answer.  Now
we can all move forward and help to make the new platform the best it can
possibly be.  It's a brave new world...

-Dave