 LEGO Company / 3540
Re: On not hearing from LEGO (Was: So, who IS in the MDP?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:56:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:

   Second, a lot of folks have commented here and in other forums that they
never heard *anything* back from LEGO as to if they had gotten in or not. I've
been asked to announce that LEGO did, in fact, send out emails to *everyone*
(all 9000+) who applied. It appears some of those spam filters are a little too
good. It was NOT the intention to leave a bunch of people hanging with no
contact!

Well I can confirm that I received no reply to my gmail.com address, and as
gmail keeps all my spam filtered mail, can confirm that it wasn't filtered
either. And as I *did* receive a "sorry try again next time" mail for my
ambassador application, my only conclusion is that no email was sent to my
address. That may mean I didn't enter it correctly when I applied, but as I
generally copy & paste from my email client when I enter my email address, I'm
fairly sure that isn't the case.

So I'm a little perplexed - I'd be very disappointed if I was accepted, but
passed over because I didn't reply to an email I never received.

ROSCO

FUT: lugnet.lego