 LEGO Company / 3508
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 00:04:40 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
It's with great pleasure I announce the next cycle of the LEGO Ambassadors.
There were a great number of applications, with almost all of the current
Ambassadors re-applying. The application pool spanned the globe, and were
chocked full of personal factoids, event recaps, hilarious stories, and other
LEGO Moments.
While congratulations must go to all those accepted, there is a distinct lack of
people from the Southern Hemisphere here. I guess by spanned the globe you meant
spanned the globe above the equator ;). It seems a shame that the Asia/Pacific
region has been ignored again.

Tim

Jake has stated elsewhere that the Ambassadors will be selected from available
applicants, and that the Ambassador program would not be recruiting for
representation of all parts of the Globe or all countries.  My guess would be
that there was a lack of southern hemisphere/Asia/Pacific applicants.  I know
that many Japanese AFOLs are unable to participate on Lugnet and other sites due
to language difficulties.  This is a problem that would be expensive and
difficult for Jake to fix in the short term.  My guess would be that as the
Ambassador program grows, there will be a greater diversity in language support,
and thus a greater variety representation.

-Lenny