 LEGO Company / 3180
3179  |  3181
Subject:
Ambassadors Selected!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:15:55 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In the last few weeks, some 60 applications have submitted for the LEGO Ambassador Program. For a program that has only just started, and has no tangible benefits (at the time of announcement), that’s beyond amazing.

Thank you to every single person who took the time to apply.

For this first cycle (a cycle is 6 months), we’re going with a smaller group to help us find our footing, before opening up to a larger group. The first cycle will be 15 Ambassadors, while future cycles will likely grow to about 25-30 Ambassadors.

Trimming that list of around 60 applications down to a mere 15 was difficult...to put it mildly.

Before I announce the first group of LEGO Ambassadors, let me first thank each and every person who applied. Sifting through the applications was a reminder of how many great things are happening throughout the community, and all over the world.

And without further ado, please join me in congratulating the new LEGO Ambassadors (in no particular order):

• Akos Kostyan - Hungary
• Chris Giddens - USA
• Eric Kingsley - USA
• Eric Brok - Netherlands
• Felix Greco - USA
• Pierre Normandin - Canada
• Mark Sandlin - USA
• Holger Matthes - Germany
• Huw Millington - UK
• James Trobaugh - USA
• Jon Furman - USA
• Kelly McKiernan - USA
• Paul Janssen - USA
• Richard Morton - UK
• Todd Kubo - USA

For the next 6 months, these 15 will be the only people in the world who are able to display the LEGO Ambassador logo:

If you don’t see your name on this list, don’t fret. In six months, the processs starts over, with a new round of applications.

Thanks for everyone’s enthusiasm about this program. Together, we’ll make it something amazing.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison