 LEGO Company / 3139
3138  |  3140
Subject:
Open letters, colour change etc . . . . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:59:53 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

My fellow AFOLs,

I used to like visiting the LUGNET website on a daily basis to catch up with
what you talented and creative builders were up to with your belovéd LEGO.

I have often been inspired by your ingenuity and technical ability to put
together the humble LEGO brick in ways that I couldn't possibly have thought of
myself.

I am in awe of your fantastic creations, many built with huge quantities of
bricks that I couldn't ever afford and many hours of time that I just couldn't
fit into my personal schedule.

BUT . . .

My recent visits to this site have become a great disappointment.

No longer am I inspired or encouraged.

I struggle at times to find your MOCs at all.

You have become obsessed with whinging and complaining both at TLG and each
other.

As some recent posters have stated, the AFOL community has unparalleled access
to TLG and you should be grateful for that, but TLG will always make commercial
decisions regarding their business that will ensure it's continued financial
sucess, regardless of whether the AFOLs like it or not.

My message to you is - get over it.

Get back to what you do best - building with the bricks you love.

Take what TLG provide (whatever size, shape or colour) and get back to inspiring
the rest of us with your creations.

Make LUGNET the bright happy LEGO site it once was.

Kind regards,

Peter