 LEGO Company / 3103
Subject:
Video Clips
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:31:47 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

All,

In January of 2004, I put together an “internal roadshow” where I traveled to a number of LEGO offices and introduced (and in some cases, re-introduced) the AFOL to colleagues.

As part of this roadshow, I put together a number of materials (this is where the AFOLs comic was born), including a pretty cool video montage of various AFOL event clips. It was rough, and my video production skillz could be better, but it got the job done. (I’d post it for you to see, but it’s 60MB, and I don’t have a server to handle that bandwidth)

I’d like to start making this video a habit at the beginning of each year. And as I start to prepare for this year’s internal roadshow, I’d like to call for video clips from you that you’re willing to share.

Please email me (jake AT lego DOT com) if you have clips you’re willing to share either online or via CD/DVD through the mail.

I’m looking for just about any type of clip from 2004:
  • News broadcast spots
  • Collage videos of events (rtlToronto style)
  • Clips of club meetings or shows
  • Interviews of your club members talking about 2004
  • Anything else you have on hand
The higher quality the better.

Thanks so much and here’s looking forward to a wonderful 2005.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Team

Re: Video Clips
In January of 2004, I put together an "internal roadshow" where I traveled to
a number of LEGO offices and introduced (and in some cases, re-introduced)
the AFOL to colleagues.

As part of this roadshow, I put together a number of materials (this is where
the AFOLs comic was born), including a pretty cool video montage of various
AFOL event clips. It was rough, and my video production skillz could be
better, but it got the job done. (I'd post it for you to see, but it's 60MB,
and I don't have a server to handle that bandwidth)

Jake has sent me the video to host for the community to see:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/afol_introduction.wmv

Check it out.

Calum

Re: Video Clips
In January of 2004, I put together an "internal roadshow" where I traveled to
a number of LEGO offices and introduced (and in some cases, re-introduced)
the AFOL to colleagues.

As part of this roadshow, I put together a number of materials (this is where
the AFOLs comic was born), including a pretty cool video montage of various
AFOL event clips. It was rough, and my video production skillz could be
better, but it got the job done. (I'd post it for you to see, but it's 60MB,
and I don't have a server to handle that bandwidth)

Jake has sent me the video to host for the community to see:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/afol_introduction.wmv

Thanks for posting that Calum.

As you'll be able to see, it's a good amateur effort, but certainly not "good".
Got the job done very effectively though, and I suppose that's all that counts.

(Can you see the perfectionist in me coming out??)

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Re: Video Clips
As you'll be able to see, it's a good amateur effort, but certainly not "good".
Got the job done very effectively though, and I suppose that's all that counts.

(Can you see the perfectionist in me coming out??)

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

It's a wonderful job to get the point across--people at work were very impressed
at the detail and the fun that we AFOL's seem to be having in the videos.  Yep,
not just for kids...

Dave K

Re: Video Clips
Hm, I've saved the file twice, and both time Windows Media Player 9 said it was
corrupt.  Since I am running Win2K, I can't upgrade to WMP10.

I can play it by clicking the link, but I'd like to save it locally.

Ideas?

--
Tom Stangl
*http://www.vfaq.com/