 LEGO Company / 2907
Re: 10152 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:36:25 GMT

Nice try on putting some icing on it. Unfortunately, production re-runs of a supposedly limited item generally is a No-No, Mr. McKee! You now have folks at TLG HQ write that down a hundred times for easier learning. And all the others here too who think re-issuing 10152 in maersk-blue is not a bad idea at all, just because it is such a great set or whatever they think they‘re thinking.

Just for the record: I purchased exactly two copies of 10152 and still own both. No interest in making monstrously large profit by re-selling there. No sympathies for that kind of moneymakers either.

However, I do not care at all about a company that re-issues limited edition sets.

Let’s sum up: Instead of having that ship in dark/navy blue out on the shelves all over the world, helping to get the TLG-cart out of the muck, TLG rather pleases Maersk with a couple thousand copies and screws their adult buyers (again) who still, for whatever reason, trusted TLG‘s promise of a limited production run. TLG really developes a certain amount of talent for turning good business decisions into bad ones.