 LEGO Company / 2899
2898  |  2900
Subject:
comme toujours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:07:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   All,

As the saying goes... I have some good news and some bad news about the 10152 Maersk ship.

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to post an update. We’ve been working on a number of things surrounding this set.

If you’ve seen the set in person, you’d probably not be surprised to learn that we had very positive feedback from consumers of all ages. Since we sold out the Maersk blue version in a matter of weeks, we decided to continue the production, and asked you for feedback on what color to do it in.

But after a few months, Maersk came back to us with a request for more of the 10152 sets. Apparently the 10152 that they had taken delivery of were working quite well for them. They agreed to cover the expense of buying a very small (and expensive) quantity of Maersk blue ABS in order to be able to produce more sets. We purchased just enough ABS for this one run, and while we don’t have any plans for more production, I certainly won’t promise again! :)

The good news is that once again, Shop At Home was able to take advantage of this limited run to produce another (relatively) small quantity of the 10152 in Maersk blue.

Good news would be if the second run was only for Maersk and not for selling them again. What do you now mean with “limited”? Each limited set, TLC sold in the last years, got a second, third..... production run. Can you imagine that most of the collectors who are collecting rare LEGO sets aren’t happy about these decisions?

The bad news is that this means we need to postpone (and perhaps cancel) the dark blue 10152 version. As soon as we know for sure, I’ll pass the word.

Oh, I am not too sad about this. Why don’t you produce another kind of ship? Why always re-releases?? What about a dark blue oil ship? It is not difficult to produce ONE fantastic set, but it definately is difficult to produce for years DIFFERENT sets in the same fantastic type.

greetings Hendrik