 LEGO Company / 2878
Re: Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:54:05 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   From my colleagues in PR:

=========== For Release on Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Boston Red Sox, LEGO Company and MLB Properties Create a Holiday Hit for Red Sox Fans

Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

Well, we just wrapped up our holiday party and ran back to the shop to put the finishing touches on the Fenway model a few hours ago.

I gotta say this was a great but challenging and nerve-wracking model to work on. Sheesh, there’s not a single right angle in all of Fenway.

So with all the interest in microscale building lately I thought everyone would like to see photos of the finished model. Here ya go.

(after moderation)

The scale turned out to be something like 160:1 and one stud comes in at around 50 inches. The Wally model in the gallery would be a 160 foot tall rampaging green monster.

Remember the hinge plate is your friend.