 LEGO Company / 2745
Re: to LEGO factory : You are not being fair.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:37:00 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Sean Kenney wrote:
Dear LEGO Factory...

I couldn't find any contact info on the LEGO factory web site, so I am
posting this message here.

[Week 1's winner?]

You have pronounced the "Senior winner" of the contest's first week, yet this
person has clearly cheated, as well as has violated the rules of the
competition.

He/she violated the rules:
This model was built on a base greater than 16x16.  This simply and clearly
violates the terms of the contest.  Why was it allowed to even compete?
Allowing entries that do not meet the terms of the contest will only
encourage people to do whatever they want.

He/she has clearly cheated:
The model's upload image was corrupted for 4 days. (And I feel bad for this
person! No one would vote for a model they can't see.)  But after no votes at
all for 2 days, 150 votes were instantly collected on this model, while the
model was still unviewable!  93 more votes came in before the image was
fixed. Then it grabbed about 100 new votes.  Tell me, why would only 100
people like it when they can see it, if 243 people liked it when it was
garbled?

Ouch.  Did TLC hire Diebold?  :^)

- John Ladasky