 LEGO Company / 2604
Re: How does the voting at the Lego Factory Competition work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:09:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
   Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

   Also, the current No. 1 Senior model is not displaying correctly for me. I can’t see what it is. Anyone else having this problem?

It looks funny for me,too. A few of the models seem to have this problem. I haven’t loaded any of them into LDD to see what they look like, so I don’t know if it’s a problem with the model, the website or what.

Can’t see it too. Tried 2 different browsers. I’m quite surprised how it can get any votes at all. The jpg downloaded from the site is plain wrong, so I doubt anyone can get better (I’ve tried to reload the picture multiple times).

This is just silly. Obviously something has gone very wrong with the vote tallying (or worse, someone has already figured out how to cheat!).

This does seem awfully odd. It’s still number one, with almost twice as many votes as the next runner-up. And it’s a garbage image. But there’s nothing in the rules that say you can’t have all your friends vote for yours, no matter how corrupted the image or how poor the actual design. (Not saying the design is poor, but again, I can’t see it.)

It also clearly exceeds the 16x16 stud limit.

I wonder if there’s a way for LEGO to pre-qualify entries before people waste votes on them. They’re moderated now, it doesn’t seem like it would be that much more of an effort to weed out the obviously nonconforming submissions.

Kelly