 LEGO Company / 2247
  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

Here is my take on the math USD - 40 in EUR approx 32.40 EUR. BUT in USA taxes are on top, in Europe, ~25% VAT is included so 40.63 EUR would be the VAT INCLUDED PRICE. SO the price seems to make sense no?? (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

(...) Well, if our government would raise the VAT to 25% the current demostrations would turn into a full-scale revolution... I have no clue who charges 25% VAT, but here it is 16%. (...) Or EUR 37,58 at 16% VAT. Besides, AFAIK, this set is made in (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

(...) 25% is a far higher rate of VAT than you actually pay anywhere in Europe. Tax considerations do narrow the price difference, but there's still a difference. There's also the problem that the dollar is pretty weak compared to the Euro, so if (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general) !

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

(...) Well, actually here in Denmark, home of The Lego Company, there is indeed a 25% VAT on everything except freight+stamps.... Arne, Copenhagen (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego)