 LEGO Company / 1941
Re: LEGO(c) Color Numbering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 16:44:46 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ronald Vallenduuk wrote:
In the past few days I've been building in MLCAD, and entering parts in
Peeron and Bricklink, and the colors (and to a lesser degree partnames
and numbers) have been doing my head in completely. Lime? Swamp green?
Sand green? Gray? LtGray? Light purple? Dark pink? Aaarrrggghhhh.....

Duq,
My Color Tree pages may help. They give lots of information about colors and
conversions between Peeron, Ldraw, Bricklink and Lego color names. I've included
links and a brief description of the pages below:

The Color Tree gives a comparison of the current fan-named colors, matches to
official Lego color names and numbers, and links to more information - just
click on any color name to be taken to more info:
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorTree

The Color Tree Roots gives conversions between color names on Bricklink, Peeron,
and Ldraw. It also gives information about themes the color appears in, and
significant sets with the color.
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorRoots

The Color Tree Translator gives translations of many of the Color Tree names
into 7 different languages - German, Italian, French, Spanish, Danish, Dutch,
and Portuguese.
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorTrans

The Lego Color List is a compilation of the known color numbers as publicly
shared by Lego. The list includes the Peeron color list, a tile picture taken by
Mark Papenfuss, and recent additons from Richard's post. The Peeron list
included conversions of Lego colors into CYMK, RGB, HTML, and Pantone color
values.
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorLego

I'm always looking to improve the Tree, and make it more useful. Please let me
know if you have any suggestions.

Hope that helps,
Clark