 LEGO Company / 1260
Re: Lego club unhelpful answers for kids.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:16:37 GMT

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrnc4489b.1vs.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu...
So, I was looking at <http://club.lego.com/ask/Default.asp?x=x>. It's a
place for kids to send in questions to be answered by "The Amazing Redini".
Okay, so it's obviously not a extremely formal QA area, but it does have
lots of interesting facts -- for example, the bit about 84 different colors
currently being produced. Each page shows a random selection of previous
answers. If you reload enough, you'll eventually get the one I got:

  Could you please give me a list of all the retired LEGO sets?
   -- Adam,11,United States

And the answer:

  I tried to put a list together for you, Adam. But as you might know,
  retired LEGO sets go to Florida, where they sit on the beach and play
  "Go-Fish" all afternoon and talk about the "good old days." Once in a
  while, they play some golf (but they're always getting run over by the
  carts). If I hear from any, I'll tell them to call you.

Cute, but in fact, as we all know, is that there's several excellent places
to find that information -- say, for example, <http://guide.lugnet.com/>.

They ran that specific Q&A in one of the LEGO Club Magazines.  BTW, whatever happened to Jack the LEGO Maniac?  Did LEGO somehow
find a disembodied head with a turban a better mascot than a LEGO addict that, *gasp!* uses his {imagination} to build new things
from lego sets?

--
Markham Carroll