 LEGO Company / 1215
  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) IIRC, VW stopped making the old Beetle in 1978. The factory I think you're referring to is one in Mexico. Local managers bought it from the company, since there was a mucher higher demand there than elsewhere for the bug. Somehow I don't think (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) They stopped production in Germany at that time, but they didn't stop production entirely. They'd still be making them in Mexico if it wasn't for the government working to phase out 2-door taxi cabs, and reducing tarrifs on imports (after all, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)