 Instructions / 770
Re: Printing LPub instructions with Lulu.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 01:27:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
   Hi!

I recently used Lulu.com to publish LPub instructions for a model I created a few months ago. I have determined that I need to use higher resolution rendering settings and possibly avoid gradient backgrounds for optimal results with this printing solution, but in general I am extremely pleased with the results.

It makes me giddy to hold a glossy printed booklet of instructions for my own model. Other photos of the booklet may be seen here.

Very cool--I love it! To be honest, it would never have occurred to me to use Lulu; I got as far as “I should try Kinkos,” and that’s where I sort of stalled.

I have to say that the end results look amazingly professional and high-quality. Color me envious!

One question, though, because either my monitor or my eyes lack the resolution to tell for sure: is the booklet staple-bound like “real” instructions? That is, is it a bunch of sheets folded in half together and stapled on the crease? If so, that’s ideal.

Again, very cool. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for making it absolutely imperative that I try to achieve something similar!

Dave!