 Harry Potter / 989
Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:54:22 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Duane Hess writes:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/staircompare.html

Looks like someone assembled the molds wrong IMO. That could explain why
there is a 180 degree difference in the notches in the underside of the
stair pieces. Simple enough of a mistake to overlook, but large enough to
cause significant problems with a major production run.

That was my thought-- and even more of an easy-to-overlook mistake because
the stairs slide so easily. As I said, I was completely unaware that there
was a problem until I actually went and checked a 2nd time.

I don't expect that this will be a widespread reported problem for this
reason. Most people will probably simply look at the stairs and figure that
it's normal, since it's kind of difficult to get the stairs to remain in place.

Hopefully, though, TLC is/was/will be aware of the problem and will fix it
for future releases. I dunno if it's any cause for recall or anything.

DaveE

Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs