 Harry Potter / 266
265  |  267
Subject:
A couple of Potter thangs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:34:45 GMT

I have a few ideas and comments on the up-coming Harry Potter line...

1) I like how the minifigs look, but I have a beef witht he movie's
interpretation of costuming at HogWart's U. Nowehre in any of the books
do they talk about the students being in "traditional" British school
garb. As in the type of uniform we commonly see depicted in movies for
prep school students (as in Dead Poets' Society). So why the suits and
ties? It's a WIZARDING school. They wear robes. The whole robe, and not
much else. In Lego terms, that bus me b/c I'd rather see them in a fully
enclosed robe rather than the little suit type thing.

2) Hogwart's Express. My thinking is that the tain kit is going to come
sans motor. I bet it'll be just like the My Train sets (my copies of
which are currently somehwere in Illinois). I agree it would be GREAT if
they include a passenger car as a great many of the scenes from the
books take place in the cars, and very little (OK, none) interaction
happens in the engine.

3) Was I correct in reading that the roof of hogwart's is GREEN? Oooh!
Aaaah! Yay! New roofing pieces in Green. Now THAT is stimulating. I
wonder if the set isn't part of a modular system, this one being the
GREAT hall, with more modular units being released wiht subsequent movie
releases. Say, a QUidditch court in movie two, Gryffindor tower (or a
cusotmizable basic dorm tower set) for movie three. Etc. Etc. Etc. That
would be fairly cool. But for now, GREEN ROOFS! YAY!

4) Animals. It is my hope that the animals come like the old style
dragon. It's good to hear that Hedwig will fit in like the falcons
(hopefully she will be on the same scale) but I'd rather see a three
headed dog similar to the old dragons rather than the new (anemic
looking) dinosaur type sets.  I also hope we get to see some giant
spiders, centaurs, and more mysical creatures as well!

OK, I think that's enough rambling for now.
--
Matt Brooks