 Harry Potter / 246
Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:38:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.harrypotter, Jonathan Lill writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Scott Arthur writes:
Via Babel Fish:
$6.45 4701 The speaking hat
$10.75 4702 The exposure v Prof Quirrel
$23.65 4704 Gruft mit den geflügelten Schlüsseln

$23.65 4705 instruction with Snape
$32.25 4706 the forbidden course
$32.25 4707 Hagrids hut
$55.9 4708 Hogwarts express
$98.9 4709 lock Hogwarts
$10.75 4721 Hogwarts classroom
$10.75 4722 Gryffindor

I'd like it if someone with knowledge of German and harry Potter could sort
out those names a bit better than Babelfish. The speaking hat is really the
sorting hat, but what is "the exposure". Is the "gruft with the winged
codes" perhaps a lesson with flying brooms? Is "loading in the angle angle"
perhaps something in diagon alley. I presume "lock Hogwarts" to be the main
school/castle. And while I read the book can someone remind me what the
forbidden course is?

My guesses (I know a little german):

"4702 Die Enthüllung v Prof Quirrel"
'Introduction of Prof. Quirrel'

"4704 Gruft mit den geflügelten Schlüsseln"
means something like 'Cave with winged keys'. If I remember correctly the
stone was protected by various rooms, one of the rooms had winged keys in it.

"4706 Der verbotene Gang"
The forbidden corridor (the one that leads to Fluffy?)

"4709 Schloss Hogwarts"
'Hogwarts' Castle'

"4723 Laeden in der Winkelgasse"
I think it's 'Shop in Diagonalley' (AFAIK laeden means shop)

-Frank