 General / 9133
9132  |  9134
Subject:
Lego Music Center -- Followup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:48:31 GMT

You may remember several months ago a post about building a replica of a
building for a music school in Littleton, MA:
http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=5795

Well, I volunteered my services since I live pretty close to them, and I was
interested in the project (who wouldn't be?!)

Unfortunately, TLG was unwilling to donate bricks or allow us to order
specialty pieces, so the whole structure was made out of standard bricks and
black plates. Piece estimates were somewhere on the order of 15-20 thousand
pieces.

At any rate, the project was 'officially' displayed the weekend before last
(Sunday, Oct. 17th)... You can see the currently standing building, and the
half-completed addition that will be built up as money comes in. I actually
completed the addition, and removed 2,500 bricks (exactly) which represents the
donations needed. Some pictures are now available at their website taken at the
grand unveiling:
http://www.indianhillarts.org/

As far as the building goes, it's more impressive size-wise than detail-wise...
it was tough with only basic brick service packs! But I'm pretty pleased with
the way it came out, although I REALLY wish we could have gotten tan for the
walls instead of gray... Anyway... Enjoy!

DaveE