 General / 55927
Re: Rare LEGO Promotional Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:05:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Gray wrote:
On 12-11-17 10:12 PM, Gary Istok wrote:
cereal maker WEETABIX (similar to USA "Cream Of Wheat") in 1980.  It had a box

I'm allowed to be off-topic, right? :-)

WEETABIX is nothing like "Cream of Wheat". I don't know about the US, but for a
while WEETABIX was sold in Canada as well. Think of small bran flakes moulded
into an oval form, about 3/4 inch thick and 4 inches long. See:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weetabix

My grandmother used to *mail* them to us for a couple years. They came as mostly
crumbs, so eventually she stopped.

-Chris Gray (NALUG)

Chris... like most American's, I've never had Weetabix before... I've based my
entire knowledge about it on Showtime's THE TUDORS miniseries BLOOPERS clip...
(starting at 3:13 in this clip)....
http://youtu.be/jh2-ztulM3E

It looked like Chocolate Cream of Wheat... but I guess it's not... ;-)

Gary Istok