 General / 54549
Re: Discovery channel-How It's Made-Plastic building blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:20:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Patterson wrote:
Discovery channel-How It's Made:  Today, Feb 21, had an interesting segment on
the making of plastic bricks, Mega Blocks.  I would assume that it is the same
process that Lego uses (too bad they did not use the Lego Company, wonder if
they were asked.)  They showed the process from the plastic pellets, coloring
them to injection molding.  I believe that it is from last years series. They
also showed the making of the buckets and counting the bricks to put in them.
They did have one process that seemed to be an improvement was that the labels
on the buckets are attached while the plastic is being injected so they become
permenant.  This may be old news but it is the first time I saw this segment.
John P

"How It's Made" is produced in Canada, so Megablocks was probably their first
choice.

Great show, too - I can sit and watch it for hours.

JohnG, GMLTC