 General / 54498
Re: Base plate thickness?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 20:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rafe Donahue wrote:
Hi all,

I have this hankering to know the thickness of a baseplate.  Not a regular
plate, but a baseplate.

I found the FAQ page with dimensions of bricks and plates and studs (
www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Build/dimensions ) but cannot seem to find out how thick
a baseplate is.

In particular, if one were to, say, build a table such that one could make a
very shallow inset for (a) baseplate(s), how deep would that shallow inset need
to be?

Baseplates are exactly the right thickness, such that if they are resting on
studs, their studs are exactly 1 plate higher. So I guess that makes them 1
plate minus the height of a stud 8?)

ROSCO