 General / 54129
Re: Has Kevin Found a Way....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:46:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.general, John Neal wrote:
   to shut down Brickshelf/Maj but yet still keep the deep links working?

That is how it appears to me.

Maybe the domain name registration quietly expired eight days ago. Yup, I think that’s what happened (and that’s why some people were able to access it longer than others, as the various DNS registries were updated).

Both registrations were extended for another year (maj.com on July 13th and brickshelf.com on July 17th).

I would more likely suspect that things are down due to other reasons. Perhaps Kevin is in the process of upgrades. If there are issues and since the sites are not HA, it could result in some behaviour like this especially if Kevin is busy with other things as well.

Jude