 General / 54105
54104  |  54106
Subject:
Your Thoughts on Image Hosting Sites...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2007 00:28:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Recent events have put the issue of image hosting in the spotlight. There are a lot of choices out there, from popular sites like Brickshelf and MOCpages to newer sites like MOCShow, YouBrick, BrickImage, and even commercial, non-LEGO sites like Flickr. All of these sites provide an invaluable service to the LEGO fan community - a place to host your images.

The LEGO Ambassadors would like to ask you for your input on what you would want from an image-hosting site:
  • What would make for the “ideal” image-hosting site for LEGO fans?

  • What type of features/services would you like to see on such a site?

  • How much would you be willing to pay for these services, if free image hosting was not an option?

Note: This post is not intended to start a debate about which existing image hosting website is better. As fellow LEGO fans, we just want to ask you for your thoughts and ideas regarding the viewing and showcasing of your LEGO creations. These ideas will not be forwarded to The LEGO Group, who have publicly and clearly stated that they will not own, nor run such a service. Your comments will be available here for others in the community to view - and hopefully utilize - in building and improving image hosting sites for all LEGO fans.

Nelson Yrizarry