 General / 53936
Re: An Open Letter to Kevin (BrickShelf)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:15:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Thuma wrote:

I wish to thank you for your efforts over the years
with respect to Brickshelf.

I'd also like to thank you Kevin for the inspiration (and ease of use!) of
Brickshelf. I've used it for several years for MOCs (mine and others). It has
truly been a wonderful resource over the years, and having all that in a single
central repository... well, Brickshelf alone has been responsible for an amazing
amount of cross-over between themes for me.

While I'm at it, there are about 100+ people I really need to thank for things
similar to Brickshelf - one of my hobbies involves playing with little colored
bits of plastic, usually alone, within the confines of my own little room. But
because of Brickshelf, LUGNET, Peeron, MOC pages, Bricklink, NXTasy, etc.,
etc... well, somehow it nevers seems like I'm playing alone. And it's done so
flawlessly, so transparently, it's very easy to forget there's always, *always*,
somebody behind it.

So thanks to Kevin in particular for Brickshelf, and a huge number of other
people at other sites, who have knitted together a community out of a scattering
of enthusiasts across the globe. As a result of a lot of hard work that most of
us never see, we have a close-knit yet global community.

--
Brian Davis