 General / 53925
53924  |  53926
Subject:
An Open Letter to Kevin (BrickShelf)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:25:42 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear Kevin,

I wish to thank you for your efforts over the years with respect to Brickshelf.
I cannot express in words what it has meant to me over the years. I understand
the effort and expense that it takes to organize, host, and provide this service
and you have done so to the Adult Fan of LEGO Community for years.

I have contributed funds in the past to support Brickshelf, but in retrospect it
was not in proportion to the value that I placed on the resource. After each
convention, I placed my photographs online for all to see, and I availed myself
of others photos to see what I missed at the convention. At times, while
struggling with Studs Not on Top or some other building technique, I have
perused the Brickshelf galleries for inspiration or hints. Some of My Own
Creations have been guided, inspired, or downright stolen from the work of
others displayed on Brickshelf.

I am sad that Brickshelf will no longer exist, but I guess all good things must,
in the end, come to an end.  I can only guess, without word from you, why you
have decided to close Brickshelf, but I will back your decision no matter what
it is.

I personally want to thank you for your efforts over the years. I hope, though
it might not have been expressed often enough, that you know how respected
Brickshelf and your efforts are in the AFOL Community. Please dismiss those that
are naturally reacting through shock and dismay at your decision to close
Brickshelf and know that we, if I may speak for others, respect your decision to
move on from supporting this web site.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors and may fortune find you.

Sincerely,

Todd Thuma