 General / 53909
Re: Problems with Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:58:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.general, Johannes Koehler wrote:

Flickr is free (isn't it),

There are two levels: Free, which gives you xxxx, and paid, which removes any
and all restrictions for $25/year.

What about "hot linking" to a photo in Flickr? I can't find an easy way to do
that, and that was one of the things I liked best about Brickshelf.

Ok, I found where you can get the direct URL to the image on Flickr, but the
rules say you must include a link back to Flickr if you post the URL to another
web page.

Yes, but wouldn't you probably do that anyway?

See the way I use Flickr on my blog, brickpile.com, for an example of how it can
work well for LEGO images.

Flickr is also used widely at classic-space.com.

Another nice thing about Flickr is groups.  You can join a group around some
topic or other, and share photos with members of that group.

And everything is RSS-subscribable.

People who are complaining about Flickr being hard to use just need to get up to
speed on the power of tagging and RSS, and you'll laugh at the mere idea of
Brickshelf once you do.