 General / 53206
    Re: A quick LEGO History —Jim Hughes
   (...) No. Godtfred used the name Lego in branding his wooden toys (typically by an ink stamp on the bottom). The first incorporation of the company was in 1944. From my website: In April 1944 Lego switched from a sole-trading firm to a private (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A quick LEGO History —Gerhard R. Istok
   Thanks Jim! For questions relating to the history of the LEGO company and the Christiansen family, Jim Hughes is really the subject matter expert. He has done a lot of research about both, whereas my area of research is focused more on the LEGO sets (...) (17 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)