 General / 52794
52793  |  52795
Subject:
Summer S@H catalog reactions - all positive!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2006 04:30:31 GMT

Hey all,

Just got mine in the mail a few days ago.  In the interests of positivity (of
which there seems to be a shortage of these days!) and as a non-fan of the new
grays/brown and of Bionicle parts in System sets, I will confine my comments to
what I like:

LOVE the USC AT-ST.  Design is gorgeous.  I'll be curious to know whether its
legs are poseable or if it's just a display piece with some moving parts.

The System Star Destroyer looks quite nice, although Tarkin and the Officer
peeking out of the bridge kinda breaks the scale a bit.  However, I'd love to
have about a dozen of the R2-D5 astromech droids.

The new Slave 1 is just beautiful!  After two attempts, it looks like they
finally nailed the design.  I was particularly glad to see two struts for the
wings, although the upper one isn't attached so I guess the wings'll still be
kinda floppy.  Very nice selection of 'figs!

The Batcave has a very nice selecton of 'figs and parts.  I'll bet the henchman
and his two weapons will very quickly become coveted and pricey parts (unless
they make them available in smaller sets, PLEASE!).

The parts selection for the Batwing looks excellent.  I've a feeling I'll pick
up at least two of those.  I'm sure the Batboat will sell well just for the
Killer Croc 'fig.

I will allow myself one gripe with Arkham Asylum and the Batcave:  all the
stand-alone half-buildings.  I would have greatly preferred one cohesive
building on a few small baseplates with hinges that let you access the interior.

The new shields and armors in the Rogue Knights sets are nice.

It's cool to see the Crocodile Engine Train Front piece (#2924) back and in
green in the new Cargo Train Deluxe.

Looks to be some nice dark green wing plates in Striking Venom, also some nice
orange part in Mobile Defense Tank.

Anyone know if that's dark blue in the Lava Chamber Gate?  Dark purple?

The giant mask in the Piraka Stonghold has glow-in-the-dark dino tails, sweet!

The Prehistoric Power and Mythical Creatures Designer sets are the best items in
the catalog, IMHO.  Can't wait to get 'em and build 'em!

The Roaring Roadsters looks to have a great selection of black slopes.

The Motion Power helicopter looks quite bulky, but the new battery pack is
intriguing.

The USC Batmobile on the back page is splendorific!

Dave S.