 General / 52644
Re: Got my first LEGO Factory 1.6 sets today and...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 17:42:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley wrote:
It is interesting because my understanding is that all LF orders are processed
in Denmark but my shippment came from Enfield.  I am wondering if shippments are
batched together in Denmark and shipped in bulk to Enfield in order to save on
shipping and then split out there.  Of course I could be mistaken.  I do know
for a fact that all missing parts get sent from Denmark so maybe I got confused
with that and orders do get processed in Enfield, but if that is the case my
missing parts would be there.  So I guess I just don't know.

I figured on a slight delay for the first few days of orderes while TLG gets
acclimated to the new process but am interested in what other people are
experiencing.

This time of year I usually get orders 1-2 days after I place them.  (Slow time
of year and I live very close to Enfield).  I would expect LF orders to take a
bit longer though especially for the first few months while they get the kinks
worked out.

Currently of the elements are picked in the "picking room" in Billund.  The
parts are bagged and shipped to Enfield where they are then boxed and sent out
across the USA.  I am actually surprised that such a small order had so many
missing parts.  But as you said LEGO is just starting out.  I thought there
would be more error in larger orders.  It is nice to know that we will only get
one box, especially when ordering made to order bulk packs.  For those types of
orders I wouldnt mind just recieving the polybags.

Ben Ellermann
LEGO Ambassador