 General / 52392
Lugnet: WAKE UP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:32:26 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I tried so hard to stay out of this farce but I can’t help it any longer. Normally Eric’s antics are at least entertaining, but now I’m mad. This is what pushed me over the edge:

   Eric Sophie wrote:

   You actively campaighn to tell people not to buy my art, a direct act >of war, for which I rely to live. If we were in person, I’d smash your >face for getting in the way of my dream. How dare you.

What is WRONG with you people?! Suzanne?!

I can’t believe this selfish, sleazy burnout is actually going to get away with abusing Lugnet like this.

I can’t believe he is even allowed to post PERIOD after threatening another member with physical harm. A member who is being called a troll for asking reasonable questions.

Lugnet is already 90% irrelevant at this point because it’s so mired in beureaucratic bs, but apparantly whoever is driving is so asleep at the wheel at this point that stunts like this are allowed to continue.

Here, I’ll quote the TOS for you because maybe that will get through to you, because apparantly common sense doesn’t:

Discussion Terms and Conditions:

5.

(do not) Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.

Does that help?

Lugnet used to be my favorite website. I’ve mostly stopped visiting the .space group and the rest of the site because it became clear that NOTHING was ever going to change. Aside from many other issues, the confounding signup process has meant that new users (the lifeblood of the community)have all but been out right discouraged to join the site.

But this latest joke with Sophie is the worst thing I’ve ever seen happen on the site. It’s EMBARRASSING. I’m almost ashamed to be associated with a site that allows this to happen.

And the old guard is telling us to just mellow out and keep the peace? What?! You should all be angry!

However, I’m sure I’m going to get knocked down and told to keep this business off the front page (where it should be post in bold 50pt letters) and whoever is in charge will just create an “Eric Sophie Disciplinary Action Steering Committee”.

I miss this site so much. This current drama is a perfect example of what is wrong with LUGNET.

   [ j o n ]
[ z e m i d o t n e t ]
:: creations
:: moonbase