 General / 5226
Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 08:55:49 GMT

That *is* something deep to think about, wow.

--Todd

More than you think upto now I think..:-) What about profanity in other
languages than English? Lugnet is a multi national community. One example: a
simple and innocent looking abbreviation "ats2", which could be both read as
its spelling "atese iki" and as a combined word "atsiki". The second one
means exactly the reproductory  extremity of a male horse, expressed in the
most rude/slang way possible.

Another thing to consider: What about letters like ç and ö like in my name?
They are already part of code page 437, but I know they could cause some
problem here or there.

And the most important, what about my nick "teyyareci". I've been using it
since I'm first started using Internet, and it has been a nick for also long
before my Internet life. You already mentioned some "special" provisions to
allow older users to continue their well known nicks, that are not related
to their names, But how can you explain this to a new comer who also want to
use his beloved nick? "Hey, lamer. He was already here when you still
sitting on your mother's laptop. Don't ask this much lame questions

Selçuk