 General / 51761
51760  |  51762
Subject:
LEGO Vikings on TRU "Hottest Toy" list for 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:42:30 GMT

Ah, the sweet smell of vindication...

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050923/nyf039.html?.v=22

Toys 'R Us just released their annual list of hottest new toys for the 2005
holiday shopping season, and there are 14 toys listed, including the 7019 LEGO®
Vikings Fortress set (http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=7019-1). The funny
thing is, it's not currently available in the US, at least through S@H, although
TRU is due to get the Vikings as an "exclusive" (for brick-n-mortar stores, not
counting LEGO stores) sometime in October.

Ever since we first saw these Viking sets, I've been positive they'll be a hit.
I'm very glad they'll see some release in at least most countries.

(I was fortunate enough to score a 7016 Viking set during the Dirty Brickster
event at BrickFest, brought over the pond by Erik Brok. My kids love it.)

- Kelly