 General / 51358
Re: Hobby Show November (Toronto)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:31:10 GMT

   So here’s the scoop. We’ve attended 2 hobby shows thus far and both have been very successful. We’re invited back but this time there’s something new--

The show’s organizers have been in contact with LEGO Canada and found out that TLC Canada wants to ‘help us’ with the show.

What kind of help? Well, I’m told that it’s basically up to us. We have to come up with a few ideas and see what they say. I don’t have too many ideas--I’m not an idea guy--just the ‘goto’ guy.

So throwing it out there--what do you think is a good way for TLC Canada to participate at this years Hobby Show? We do have the final say as to what, but the offer is there.

This thread has been too quiet, so I thought I’d try to see if we could get some discussion started about this. Please see Dave’s notes above (or reread his entire original post). This is really good news, if you as me! There must be some ideas out there about how to make this the best version of this event yet.

Here’s a couple of ideas to get started with:

1) A giant Canadian flag. Yes, there was the U.S. flag done recently... but our flag is nice too!

2) A giant CN Tower. On my own (for the 2003 show) I built a 9-foot tall version of this great Canadian landmark. How tall could one be if it were a group effort?

Now those may not be the best ideas in the world, but I’m sure someone has better ones.... don’t be shy, let’s hear what you are thinking. :)

Or, how about even just getting an idea of who’s interested in attending. I hope people that have been there either (or both) of the last two years are still interested in making this the ‘3rd annual’ version of this gathering.

Regards,
Allan B.