 General / 51134
Re: Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Chrome
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:01:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
The same might be true for the next parts:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/682-1
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/545-2
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/351-1

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/355-1

All four sets have the instructions as source, but the instructions
seem less accurate for pattern colors.
Agreed. I've never seen black grille print on a yellow brick, and I've seen alot
of printed bricks. I've updated the Peeron inventories to only show white bricks
with the black printing.

Other examples of unclear instructions are sets 601-2 (tow truck)
and 602-2 (fire truck) where the photo on the cover show a red
brick with black town car grille pattern, while the instructions
show a chrome pattern.
In this instance, I'd have to go with the instructions. I've never seen the
photographed bricks. Lego has often used unreleased or man-made parts for
photographs. I did add a note to the inventories.

I have never seen any bricks with white pattern, nor any bricks
other than white with the black pattern (except for the 1 x 6
versions which only had a black pattern).

Existence is proofed for:
White Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Black
White Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Chrome
Red Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Chrome
Blue Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Chrome
Black Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Chrome
Yellow Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Chrome

Red Brick 1 x 6 with Town Car Grille Black Pattern
Blue Brick 1 x 6 with Town Car Grille Black Pattern
White Brick 1 x 6 with Town Car Grille Black Pattern
Yellow Brick 1 x 6 with Town Car Grille Black Pattern

That list agrees with my printed brick picture collection.

Thanks for the info,
Clark