 General / 51102
51101  |  51103
Subject:
Is Lego the most complex collectible toy of all time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:40:50 GMT

OK, I was at a Barnes & Noble Bookstore in downtown Detroit yesterday and I was
looking at a book on antique toys (I do this often trying in vain to find
something on Lego).  And these thick books talk about everything from Lincoln
Logs to Erector sets... but never Lego.

And that got me to thinking.... with over 10,000 Lego parts in a zillion colors
(so it seems), and thousands upon thousands of Lego sets... is Lego the most
complex collectible toy of all time?  What I mean is: is there another toy that
has that many different sets/parts?  Granted the history of Lego goes back a
mere 56 years (1949), while other sets such as Lincoln Logs go back to before
WWI.  But is there another collectible toy that has such a vast array of sets
and parts and boxes and systems?

If there is, please let us know!

Gary Istok

P.S. In trying to finish up the Lego CD, it sure feels like Lego is the most
complex toy of all time!!! :-)